It's finally here!
The event is on today rain or shine!
We are thrilled to have you join us for the Greenwich Color Challenge this Saturday, April 1! The event will be held rain or shine!
Pick-up Race Kits and Swag (Race tee, sunglasses, tutus, leis, etc.) will be available:
- Friday, March 31st from 9:00 - 10:00am and 3:45 - 5pm in the ISD front circle at 55 Florence Road, Riverside (please park and walk to pick up)
- Saturday, April 1st from 8:00 - 10:30am at ISD at the registration table located in the back of the school.
- The race starts and finishes at ISD - 55 Florence Road, Riverside, CT 06878
- The registration, swag and volunteer tables are located behind the school. Proceed around the left side of the school and down the stairs to the registration area.
- We recommend you arrive (after parking) 30 minutes before your start time if you need to pick up your race pack on Saturday morning.
- Please leave yourself 15 minutes to find appropriate parking, as below.
- Find your friends so you can run with them!
- The first time slot for the race is at 9am and they continue every 10-15 minutes with participants in start time being sent out every few minutes. Make sure you are at the starting line 5 minutes before your start time.
- Wear shoes and pants that can get dirty! And throw some towels in the car!
- Sunglasses must be worn when running through color stations to protect your eyes.
- Restrooms will be available in the school gym next to the start line.
We have a large number of people registered for this event. Please arrive early so that you can park. If you can walk to ISD, please consider walking or biking to school. A large parking lot can also be found at North Mianus School which is close by on Old Orchard Road. Please be respectful of our neighbors as well as their yards, vehicles, driveways and homes! If possible, please try to avoid parking on the race course in order to keep the course as safe as possible for all of our participants. Ideal parking may be found on MacArthur Dr. east of the school, north of the school on the north side of Split Timber Place, and south of the school on Bonwit Rd.
- Sunglasses must be worn around colored powder.
- Please run on the sidewalks when possible or safely on the side of the road as required.
- Please follow the directions of race volunteers (wearing neon shirts), police and EMS.
- If you see an injured athlete, please report it at the next color station.
- When throwing color from color packets, please avoid eyes and mouth (and buildings!).
Color Stations are at the following locations:
- Pink – Kindergarten – ISD staff parking lot
- Yellow – 3rd Grade – Florence & Split Timber
- Purple – 1st Grade – Split Timber & Revere
- Green – 5th Grade – North Mianus School field
- Orange – 4rd Grade – 33 Rainbow
- Red – 2nd Grade – Birdsong & Lancer
- Blue – 5th Grade – ISD field
- Rainbow – All Grades – at finish line ISD field
After the Race
Once you cross the finish line you will have food, games and activities all around you.
- Get some refreshments courtesy of our generous sponsors
- Check out the sponsor tables
- Listen to the DJ
- Play some games
- Spin our enormous prize wheel to win some fun prizes
- Take some photos at the step and repeat
- Throw your color powder packets with your friends at the finish!
- This event is loaded with fun so don't forget your camera!
- We will have photographers on site capturing additional images from the day.
- Don't miss the red carpet step and repeat!
- Tag us when you post photos of the event!
- Email your favorites to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can make you famous on our promotional materials and Instagram!
- Connect with us on facebook.com/GreenwichColorChallenge.
- Connect with us on Instagram @GreenwichColorChallenge
- Please note that in signing our waiver you have granted permission to the ISD PTA to use your photographs, motion pictures, recordings or any other record of this event for event promotion purposes.
What is the colored powdered made from? Corn starch and food coloring.
Will the color come out of my clothes? Generally yes, but the sooner you wash them the more likely they will go back to the original color.
What if I want to preserve the colors in my color run shirt? Try to keep the colored powder on the shirt. Spray vinegar all over the shirt. Iron the shirt while wet with vinegar. Dry the shirt in the dryer. Wear it again!
Can I walk during the Greenwich Color Challenge? Yes; the race is a run and/or walk!
My friend forgot to register. Can he register on the day? We strongly prefer that you register in advance so we know how many people to expect and have the correct t-shirts for participants. Ask them to register today! Race day registration is available but it is not recommended. www.GreenwichColorChallenge.org
I want to dress up but I didn't pre-order swag. Can I purchase it when I pick up my race packet? Yes! But we prefer you order it prior to race day if possible and it will ensure we don't sell out of what you want. Order today at www.GreenwichColorChallenge.org.
Is the race timed? No, the Greenwich Color Challenge is a fun run!
Will there be food and drinks available? Yes, there will be water and a variety of food provided by our sponsors. Enjoy!
Will I be able to use a credit card at the event? Yes, but it's always helpful to have cash too!
Are strollers welcome at the event? Yes! The first mile is flat and stroller friendly. When you arrive at a color station, your little person can even jump out and get doused with powder. Remember to tell each color station if you don't want them to color the stroller! When you enter the school grounds, just before you get to the back field and obstacle course portion of the race you can ditch your stroller on the left side and your little people can run the remainder of the race with you!
I'm done being colored. How do I clean off before I get in my car? Wipe yourself off with a towel to get off most of the powder. Take off your race tee and put on your spare. Then use your race bag to stow your shoes and any other clothing if they are holding extra powder.
Where do I find the restroom? The school gym has men's and women's bathrooms in the large, stand alone building near the finish.
The Greenwich Color Challenge is the International School at Dundee PTA's newest fundraiser and all funds go to support enrichment programs, technology and family events for the ISD community. Please share the event with family and friends. We want the whole Greenwich community to come out and enjoy some color!